Battalion editor suffers injuries in accident

The editor-in-chief of The Battalion was injured in a single-vehicle accident Sunday morning after he lost control of his vehicle.
Trevor Stevens suffered a compound fracture in his femur and underwent surgery on Monday to set the break.
He also suffered fractures in his ankle, lower back and clavicle, which will all heal in braces and not require surgery.
He will be off his feet for up to eight weeks and is recovering at Memorial Hermann hospital in Houston. Stevens begins physical therapy Tuesday and will complete the rest of his recovery in Dallas.
Stevens said he was driving to Huntsville from College Station on Highway 30 to pick up his cellphone from a friend. He lost control of his truck after he looked down at his radio and slid off the road into a concrete barrier, causing his truck to roll and catch fire.
After he noticed the fire, he pulled himself out of the truck, crawled back to the highway and flagged down a passing vehicle.
He said two men dragged him to safety and called an ambulance. Stevens was flown to the hospital in Houston after the 911 call.
God blessed Trev by saving his life and not taking another, said Mendy Stevens, Trevors mother. He gave Trevor strength and courage to pull himself from his burning vehicle. We cant say enough of how grateful we are to all the loving people who have sent us texts and emails and calls and mostly prayers.
Stevens remains editor-in-chief of The Battalion and will be answering emails during his recovery. Emails should be directed to [email protected].
Im thankful for all the thoughts and prayers in this difficult time, Stevens said. But I have full confidence in The Battalion staff because teamwork makes the dream work.