A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) hits a home run during Texas A&M’s game against The United States Air Force Academy on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
No. 1 Aggies combine for 28 runs in doubleheader sweep of Crimson Tide
Luke White and Justin ChenApril 19, 2024

Game 1 If the Texas A&M baseball team can treat each inning like it’s been playing in the fifth frame during the past week, it shouldn’t...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Beutel appointment rules ridiculous

On the Monday prior to spring break, I was trying to call into Beutel (a.k.a. Brutal) to make an appointment. I was on hold for 15-20 minutes, and finally decided this was ridiculous and walked to Beutel to make the appointment in person.
When I got there, I was informed that I COULD NOT make an appointment in person. “Appointments must be made over the phone,” I was told.
I told the receptionist that I had been on hold trying to call in and decided to walk across campus thinking that I would never get through in time before my class. I was then informed that “you may use the courtesy phone around the corner to make your appointment.”
I refused to call from a phone in Beutel to make an appointment at Beutel! If this truly is one of their policies, this is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard!
Thomas Smith
Class of 2001