Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Big 12 Football Notebook

Collision course
After Texas A&M’s loss to the University of Colorado last weekend, there are just two teams left in the Big 12 with perfect records.
The University of Oklahoma (6-0) and the University of Nebraska (7-0) are the league’s only unbeaten teams, and both account for the best 1-2 punch in any major conference. Not surprisingly, both teams are ranked near the top of the nation — OU at No. 2 and Nebraska at No. 3.
Both teams are near the top of the conference in total defense. The Sooners have forced a turnover in 20 straight games and have caused a combined nine turnovers in the last two weeks against the University of Texas and Kansas State.
The Huskers not only sport the No. 1 running game in the nation with an average of 339.3 yards per game, they also have the top run defense in the conference. The Huskers have allowed just 69.7 ground yards per game.
Barring a major upset, the two teams should pick up wins this weekend, setting the stage for a huge showdown in Lincoln, Neb., on Oct. 27, when the Huskers host the Sooners.
Movin’ up
This season, Texas Tech running back Ricky Williams became the fourth rusher since the inception of the Big 12 to rush for more than 3,000 career yards. Williams, who had a near-career-ending knee injury in Sept. 1999, is the No. 4 rusher in conference history with 3,259 yards.
Nebraska quarterback Eric Crouch is fifth in the conference career-rushing list and is tops among league quarterbacks. Crouch averages 5.18 yards per carry, while Williams gets 4.57.
Williams and Crouch will go head-to-head this weekend when Tech visits Nebraska.
Kansas State running back Josh Scobey and Iowa State running back Ennis Haywood also achieved personal milestones this season.
Scobey broke the 1,000-yard mark just 16 games into his career against Oklahoma on Sept. 9, while Haywood broke the 2,000-yard barrier earlier this season, thanks to a 219-yard rushing performance against Ohio.
Three on TV
Big 12 fans will get plenty of chances to watch conference football this weekend, as half of the league’s teams will see television time.
ABC and Fox Sports, both who have contracts with the Big 12, evoked a six-day advance with the conference for this weekend. ABC Sports announced it will televise Colorado at Texas at 2:30 p.m. (CDT) while the Texas A&M at K-State game will be televised on regional over-the-air outlets at 11:30 a.m.
Fox Sports Net will televise the Texas Tech at Nebraska game on a national basis at 6 p.m.