Shalina Sabih July 15, 2024

Campus Muster to be held April 22

Photo by Photo by Jesse Everett

Candle holders surround Reed Arena as the audience pays their respects to the names called.

Texas A&M Campus Muster will be celebrated on Monday at 7 p.m. in Reed Arena. The annual Aggie Muster is held in honor of Aggies who have passed away in the past year.
Since more than 1,600 people are honored each year, every ceremony has a different list of names read out. The campus Muster will honor current students from the College Station campus, former students who were serving on active military duty during the past year, current university faculty and staff who passed away in 2019, retired or relocated in the last four years, former students with an immediate family member who was enrolled when they died, and members of the class of 1969 who have passed away in the last year.
The Worldwide Roll Call — in which the Association of Former Students reads every Aggie who was being named throughout the day — will be held on April 21.
There will be more than 300 Muster ceremonies worldwide this year. While A&M made the decision to move the 2019 campus ceremony from the usual April 21 date, A&M clubs celebrating off campus are encouraged to host Muster on the day that works best for their area.
The Battalion will run a special edition in honor of Muster on Monday.