Car crash leaves two in critical condition

A two-car traffic crash involving five Texas A&M students occurred Sunday night on State Highway 105 just west of Cleveland, Texas, leaving two of the students in critical condition.
Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper Erik Burse said the vehicle carrying the five A&M students was heading westbound when it was hit by an eastbound truck with a single occupant.
“Witnesses stated that the pickup truck veered into the westbound lane,” Burse said. “The driver of the passenger car tried to swerve and miss the collision, but was unsuccessful.”
Burse said two of the A&M students are in critical condition in Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston as of Monday. Both students, the driver and a back-seat passenger, had to be airlifted to the hospital.
Burse said two of the A&M students who are in stable condition were transported to Kingwood Medical Center, while the third student in stable condition was transported to Conroe Regional Medical Center. The pickup driver was transported to Conroe Regional Medical Center.
Burse said additional information is not available at this time, and that no charges have been filed at the moment. The student names have not been officially released.