Corps to debut Quad learning center

The Ash Leadership Learning Center will be the second of four learning centers to open on the Quad.
The four-story building is 17,000 square feet and is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, said Annette Walker, media relations coordinator for the Corps of Cadets. The center is dedicated academic success and professional development of cadets and students who are not in the corps.
Two full-time Corps academic advisors will provide academic advice and mentoring to all cadets no matter their major, Walker said. There will be a mandatory period on Sunday through Thursday for freshmen and sophomore cadets to study, work on projects, seek supplemental instruction and review for tests.
“Academic excellence is the top priority of the Corps of Cadets offering scholastic advising, supplemental instruction and cadet-led support programs, as well as giving the cadets access to state-of-the-art study facilities near their dorms,” Walker said.
An opening ceremony will be held at the Sanders Corps of Cadets Center at 10 a.m. Thursday, Walker said. A short dedication program will follow, with brief remarks from Brig. Gen. General Joe E. Ramirez Jr. and corps commadant and H. Grady Ash, Jr. Class of 1958 — the center’s namesake.
After the ceremony, there will be a ribbon cutting ceremony followed by cadet-guided tours.