Technology management sophomore Ashley Mendoza and communication junior Madeline Sturm work at the MSC Help Desk on Monday, Nov. 20, 2023. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
University classes canceled due to IT outage
An error released in an update to Windows devices has shut down A&M’s technology network

Shalina Sabih July 15, 2024

DA drops charges against Bryan woman

Criminal charges against Brittany Henderson a Bryan woman arrested in connection with a bomb threat at Texas State University have been dropped by the Hays County District Attorneys office, according to the Austin American-Statesman.
Two days after authorities took Henderson into custody, the FBI arrested her ex-boyfriend Dereon Kelley, who now faces federal felony charges for the Oct. 18 Texas State bomb threat and the Oct. 19 Texas A&M bomb threat.
Henderson, 19, is a former student at Texas State and was arrested on three counts of making a terroristic threat, a third-degree felony and three counts of making a false alarm or report, a Class A misdemeanor, and spent more than a month in jail.
Fred Weber, Hays County assistant district attorney, said the charges against Henderson were dropped because there was not sufficient evidence to proceed with the case.
John Quinn, Hendersons attorney, said Henderson was hugely happy the charges were dropped. According to the Austin American-Statesman, Quinn said they plan to meet next week to discuss whether to pursue a lawsuit related to the case.