Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Demonstration against dining

%26%23160%3B

The Texas Aggie Conservatives asked pedestrians outside the MSC to sign a petition Thursday requesting an end to mandatory meal plans.
Members of the organization said they opposed the required purchase because of the overpriced, low-quality food and bad service they said was provided by the private company responsible for dining, Chartwells.
Members said they wanted to give students a chance to express their disapproval in an organized manner.
Marcus Williams, freshman business administration major, said on top of the financial rip-off, campus dining services puts students in an environment that is unhealthy.
“Everyone points out the ‘freshman 15,’ and you think they’d strive to find a way to prevent that,” Williams said. “When you look, all they serve is pizza and Mexican food. When you go to Sbisa, it’s all fried chicken and pasta – there’s just no healthy alternative. Literally, I buy a sandwich every day, and it gets old.”