76th Speaker of the Senate Marcus Glass, left, poses with incoming 77th Speaker of the Senate Ava Blackburn.
Student leaders reflect on years of service in final Student Senate meeting
Justice Jenson, Senior News Reporter • April 18, 2024

The Student Government Association wrapped up its 76th session by giving out awards such as the Senator, Committee and Statesman of the Year...

Freshman Tiago Pires reaches to return the ball during Texas A&M’s match against Arkansas on Sunday, April 7, 2024 at Mitchell Tennis Center. (Lana Cheatham/The Battalion)
No. 14 Aggies receive early exit from SEC Tournament
Matthew Seaver, Sports Writer • April 19, 2024

The No. 14 Texas A&M men’s tennis team fell to the No. 44 LSU Tigers 4-3 in a down-to-the-wire duel on Thursday, April 18. Facing off at...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Don Johnson denies money laundering

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Actor Don Johnson says bank statements found in his car listing $8 billion in transactions weren’t his — and he is in no way involved in money laundering.
Johnson told CNN’s Larry King on Friday that the papers, discovered by German customs officials in November when he crossed the border from Switzerland, belonged to potential investors with whom he was discussing a movie project.
The former “Miami Vice” and “Nash Bridges” star said he might sue a German tabloid and other media that published stories last week alleging he was involved in illegal activities.
“They perpetuated this story of money laundering based on no evidence, based on no investigation, and it’s caused me an unbelievable grief, unbelievable grief,” he said, adding that banks closed two of his accounts because of the story.
“My son called me crying,” said Johnson, 53. “It’s been terrible. This has been one of the most difficult weeks of my life.”
Johnson said he was returning to Germany from a meeting in Switzerland when the officials made a routine check of his car.
Customs spokesman Wolfgang Schmitz said the officials returned the papers after making copies and are continuing to review them. He said there was no indication of any illegal transactions.
Johnson said he thought nothing of the incident at the time.
“I signed some autographs, we joked around,” he said of the time he spent with customs officials.