Father of Michael Jackson’s accuser loses visitation rights with children

LOS ANGELES – The father of Michael Jackson’s young accuser appeared on the verge of tears Wednesday as a judge denied his request to see his children.
Barred from contacting the boy and his brother and sister, the father had asked to visit his son because of rumors the boy is sick and because he hoped to determine if Jackson molested him.
Although he denied the request, Superior Court Judge Richard E. Denner scheduled a Feb. 24 hearing to hear any additional evidence showing why the father should be allowed to have contact with the boy.
Jackson has pleaded innocent to seven counts of performing lewd or lascivious acts on a child under 14 and two counts of administering an intoxicating agent, reportedly wine. He is free on $3 million bail pending trial.
The father pleaded no contest to child cruelty in 2002 and spousal abuse in 2001 and was barred from seeing his children. The boy’s mother filed for divorce in October 2001. The father’s attorney, Russell Halpern, said he has since completed classes in parenting and anger management.
The father has said that if rumors about the boy’s health are true, then it is important his side of the family get back in touch to be available as potential organ donors.
William Dickerman, a former attorney for the family, told the AP last week that the boy was ill. Jamie Masada, a friend of the family, said in November the boy’s remaining kidney was failing, though he said last week his condition was improving.
Halpern said the mother’s attorneys produced doctors’ letters saying the boy was in stable condition. It was unclear whether that meant the boy had been hospitalized.
The boy has lost a kidney to cancer surgery, but law enforcement officials have suggested the boy is healthy.