February Silver Taps postponed due to inclement weather

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker

“Silver Taps” is played during Silver Taps Ceremonies at 10:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of every month to honor the fallen.

Texas A&M Traditions Council announced via Twitter Tuesday afternoon that February’s Silver Taps Ceremony has been postponed due to inclement weather. 
Tuesday night’s ceremony was set to honor the memory of Marc Portell Elizondo, who will now be honored the March Silver Taps Ceremony on March 6. 
“After consulting with our advisor and the university, it was decided that it’s in the best interest of those involved to postpone Silver Taps until next month,” Traditions Council said in a statement. “The safety of the students and of those who would be traveling is our top priority and it can’t be guaranteed with the current weather conditions. This isn’t a decision we take lightly and Marc Elizondo will be honored on March 6th.”
The last time Silver Taps was cancelled was Sept. 5, 2017. In that case, lightning caused the ceremony to be cancelled just minutes before it was set to begin. Those set to be honored were later honored in the next ceremony on Oct. 3, 2017.