Fierke announces updates on spring 2021 semester

Aggieland
Aggieland

Provost and Executive Vice President Carol Fierke sent a university-wide email on Nov. 2, updating the student body on spring 2021 classes.
This email provided information on the delivery of classes for next semester, as well as study abroad opportunities. Select study abroad courses will once again be available to specific countries, all of which have strong safety regulations.
“Sixty-four percent of the course sections and 51 percent of all seats next semester are offered with some mode of face-to-face instruction,” the email read. “Most courses have remote options, although 19 percent of spring course sections will be offered with face to face only instruction.”
In the email, Fierke also commented on the low number of current COVID-19 cases in Brazos County, and encouraged all students to continue practicing health precautions.
“I’m very proud that we have made it through most of the fall semester without a significant increase of cases on campus,” the email read. “Thank you to those of you who are participating in the Random Testing Program. It’s working and helping. As we round the corner toward the end of courses, let’s continue to work together to keep campus as safe as possible.”
For the complete update from Provost Fierke, click here.