Filing opens for spring SGA elections

Filing for spring Student Government Association elections will be in full swing starting Monday at 10 a.m. and will close Friday at 3 p.m.
Positions available include student body president, yell leader, class president and student senator. Filing can be done online at tamuelection.com.
Kallie Fuchs, SGA Election commissioner and nutritional scicences senior, said the filing process has not changed since fall elections, but instructions are better clarified this semester.
“When updating the Election Regulations, Student Senate redefined what it means to complete the filing process,” Fuchs said. “It is now much more clear, and candidates can be sure that they have filed correctly upon receipt of a confirmation email. Additionally, my commission created a guide on how to file that walks through the filing process step by step which can be found on our website.”
All students who run for a position must be in good academic standing. There is a fee of $10 to file. Further requirements vary by the position.
Speaker of the Student Senate Aaron Mitchell said Aggies should participate and  take pride in student elections.
“We consistently have one of the most voted upon student elections in the nation,” Mitchell said. “Elections should be taken seriously, and candidates should  make sure they are committed to serving the Aggie family before running.”