Texas A&M infielder Kaeden Kent (3) celebrates a home run during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Winning 9 to 5: A&M beats Tennessee in Game 1 of College World Series finals
Luke White, Sports Editor • June 23, 2024

While Texas A&M baseball had never appeared in the College World Series finals before Saturday, the Aggies played as if they were seasoned...

First known A&M student reported to have died from COVID-19 complications

Breaking+News
Photo by Photo by Meredith Seaver, Photo Illustration by Brady Stone
Breaking News

On Wednesday, Sept. 8, the first known Texas A&M student was reported to have died due to complications from COVID-19.
Biomedical sciences sophomore Kirstyn Katherine Ahuero was from Glen Rose, where she was the valedictorian of her high school class, according to an obituary published by Kerrville Funeral Home.
Ahuero is the first known current student at A&M to die of COVID-19.
As of Sept. 9, A&M’s COVID-19 Dashboard reported 1,577 active cases self-reported among university faculty, students and staff. This number was an increase of 948 active cases since Aug. 27, two weeks prior, or a 60 percent increase.
University officials issued a statement to The Eagle Saturday morning, which said the Aggie family is mourning her death.
“Her desire to become a psychiatric nurse was a true calling to serve those in greatest need,” the statement to The Eagle said.
The Battalion has reached out to the university for comment.