Football team participates in \\Night of Champions\” event”””

Football team participates in “Night of Champions” event
The Texas A&M football team will host a weightlifting exhibition tonight at G. Rollie White Coliseum. A&M Head Coach Dennis Franchione developed the event, which will include a select group of Aggie football players competing for school records in events such as the bench press, incline press, squats and the power clean.
The event is entirely free of charge and open to the public.
“The Night of Champions is a fun event, and I hope we get an excellent turnout by our fans,” Franchione said.
In all, 16 A&M football players will lift in the event. Franchione said he has used the “Night of Champions” during his career to reward players for their hard work during strenuous offseason workouts.
Franchione said he chose players based on their hard work in team workouts.
“It is quite an honor to be selected for this event,” he said. “The players who have set records, or are near records, and those who have worked the hardest are chosen.”
The evening’s events are scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. Those unable to attend can watch live video coverage on AggieAthletics.com.