Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • May 23, 2024

A warm, summer evening bestowed Hoover, Alabama on Wednesday night when the No. 4 Texas A&M Aggies faced the No. 15 Mississippi State Bulldogs...

Former Aggies seek Super Bowl rings as New England Patriots

When the New England Patriots take on the Carolina Panthers Sunday in Houston at Super Bowl XXVIII, two Aggies will suit up in the the Patriots’ red, white and blue.
Former Texas A&M receiver Bethel Johnson and defensive lineman Ty Warren were drafted in the first and second round, respectively, of the 2003 NFL Draft by New England.
Warren is a native of Bryan, Texas, and has 33 tackles and one sack in his first year as a professional.
Johnson has 16 catches for 209 yards on the season with two touchdowns. He has also emerged as New England’s primary kickoff return specialist, averaging 28.2 yards per return including a touchdown this season.
Johnson held the A&M record for receiving yards until it was broken by A&M junior receiver Terence Murphy in 2003.
Johnson also held the A&M career receptions record of 117 until 2003 when Murphy ended the year 120 career catches.
Johnson, Warren and the New England Patriots will take on the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl XXVII on Sunday at 5:25 p.m.