Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Former A&M WR charged with alleged murder

Former A&M wide receiver Thomas Johnson was arrested for the alleged murder of an innocent jogger in Dallas Monday. Johnson last made national news in 2012 for disappearing from the team after Texas A&M defeated Alabama 29-24.

According to the Dallas Police Department, Johnson stabbed a jogger with a “large-edged weapon” on the White Rock Creek Trail. The victim was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

“It appears Mr. Johnson picked this victim at random. Absolutely random,” Deputy Chief Rob Sherwin said to reporters. “He just attacked him … It’s just very unusual. It’s quite shocking.”

Police found the body after Johnson dialed 911 from a nearby location after the stabbing. At time of press, the body has not yet been identified. However, Sherwin told reporters the victim is said to be a white male between the ages of 25 and 30.

Johnson, a former highly regarded recruit out of Dallas Skyline High School and a player who showed promise as an A&M freshman, already has a criminal history that includes evading arrest, burglary and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.