Former President George H.W. Bush hospitalized, moved to ICU

Photo by File
George H. W. Bush

Former President George H.W. Bush, 92, was admitted into Houston Methodist Hospital for shortness of breath Saturday Jan. 14. His wife, Barbara Bush was also admitted as a preventative measure for fatigue and coughing Wednesday, Jan. 18.
His spokesmen, Jim McGrath, said Bush was responding well to treatment early Wednesday morning. Bush was moved into the ICU later in the day. Bush was reported to have been suffering from respiratory issues deriving from pneumonia.
Doctors put Bush under sedation as to carry out a procedure to clear his airway. At time of press Bush is resting and is in a stable condition.
The 41st president has been coping with health problems and hospitalizations for the greater parts of 2014 and 2015, including Parkinson’s disease, respiratory problems and a fall at his home in December of 2014 which resulted in breaking his C2 vertebrae.
Due to these health concerns, Bush wrote to President-Elect Trump wishing him luck in his upcoming term and apologizing for not being able to make his inauguration.