Writer Braxton Dore with the six Mochinut donuts he sampled from the restaurant. The writing on the box lid reads, More than just a donut, always near you.
Review: Mochinut's donuts are ideal for any dessert fan
Braxton Dore'July 22, 2024

The popular Japanese mochi and donut fusion restaurant, Mochinut, arrived in College Station in February 2024. The chain — founded in California...

Former President George H.W. Bush moved out of intensive care

Photo by FILE
George H.W. Bush

Former President George H.W. Bush was moved from the intensive care unit to a regular patient room in Houston Methodist Hospital, according to an official statement released by family spokesperson Jim McGrath Wednesday afternoon.
Bush had been hospitalized Sunday morning due to an infection that spread to his blood, but today’s statement said Bush is now expected to recover for several days in a regular patient room.
“He is alert and talking with hospital staff, family and friends, and his doctors are very pleased with his progress,” the statement said. “President Bush naturally thanks everyone for their prayer and good wishes. He also wants to assure everyone that, as good as he feels now, he is more focussed on the Houston Rockets closing out their playoff series against the Minnesota Timberwolves than anything that landed him in the hospital.”