Writer Braxton Dore with the six Mochinut donuts he sampled from the restaurant. The writing on the box lid reads, More than just a donut, always near you.
Review: Mochinut's donuts are ideal for any dessert fan
Braxton Dore'July 22, 2024

The popular Japanese mochi and donut fusion restaurant, Mochinut, arrived in College Station in February 2024. The chain — founded in California...

Former student, paralympic athlete up for Team USA award

Andy+Soule
Photo by Via Wikipedia
Andy Soule

Paralympic athlete and former student Andy Soule has been nominated to receive a Team USA Award for his performance in the 2018 Paralympic Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea. The U.S. Army veteran took home gold in the cross-country ski sprint and bronze in the 12.5 km biathlon.
Soule is in the running for Male Athlete of the Paralympic Games. To vote, visit awards.teamusa.org/vote by April 6. Winners are set to be announced at a ceremony on April 26, which will later be televised on NBCSN on May 12 from 6-7:30 p.m. ET.
Soule was enrolled at A&M as a member of the Corps of Cadets when the September 11 terrorist attacks occurred, prompting him to join the Army at the end of that school year. While deployed to Afghanistan, Soule lost both his legs to a roadside bomb in May 2005. Through the use of a sit ski — a seat mounted on top of two skis — Soule took up cross country skiing and has represented the U.S. in the 2010, 2014 and 2018 Paralympic Winter Games.