Four Texas A&M students arrested for aggravated robbery

Photo by Source: KBTX, By Hardy Meredith

College Station Police Department have arrested four Texas A&M students who they say assaulted a man in what was supposed to be a drug deal during an incident that took place on July 5 at Northpoint Crossing.

Per KBTX, the victim said he went there to purchase narcotics when he was assaulted by four people who then robbed him. According to College Station police, all four suspects are A&M students.

Psychology junior Megumi Shui was arrested on July 11, while engineering freshman Ethan Herrera and engineering freshman Ethan Khwaja were arrested on July 12. Economics junior Gautham Chidambaram, the fourth suspect, turned himself into the Brazos County Sheriff’s Office on July 14.

College Station police said that the suspects had a rifle that was wielded by one of the suspects, but that it wasn’t fired. They also said that they used a hammer and axe handle, which they used to strike the victim several times in the head and back, per KBTX.

CSPD issued search warrants and the suspects residences and the residences of associates of the suspects were used, turning up the axe handle and the rifle.

All suspects are being charged with aggravated robbery, and Khwaja also faces a charge of possession of marijuana, which was discovered upon search of his residence.