No one involved with Texas A&M baseball ever believed they were going to lose.  Despite being down 6-1 to Tennessee by the end of the...

Honoring Reveille VIII

Photo by FILE

During Texas A&M’s last ever football game against the University of Texas Reveille VIII was seen cuddling her favorite toy. Rev was also dressed in a vest similar to those of her predecessors. 

The Corps of Cadets will give a final send-off for former mascot Reveille VIII at her funeral service Thursday morning.

Reveille VIII passed away on Monday, June 25 at 12 years old. The funeral service for the former first lady of Aggieland will be held at The Zone Plaza on the north side of Kyle Field on Thursday, Aug. 30 at 8:30 a.m. The service is open to the public and expected to last 30 minutes. A burial alongside her predecessors in the Reveille Cemetery will occur 30 minutes after the service concludes.

Reveille VIII began her reign in Aggieland in August 2008 and retired to Texas A&M’s Stevenson Companion Animal Life-Care Center in May 2015. In a statement announcing the mascot’s passing, University President Michael K. Young thanked the Aggies who served Reveille throughout her life.

“Our university mascot is one of the most beloved and unifying traditions at Texas A&M,” Young said. “I encourage Aggies and Texas A&M supporters to join in honoring Reveille VIII for her service to our institution. I would also like to thank the Corps of Cadets Company E-2, the College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences and the Stevenson Center for maintaining the highest standard of care for Reveille VIII throughout her time as mascot and during her retirement.”

Since the service will take place on the same day as the Northwestern State football game, freshman ticket pull has been relocated to the east side of Kyle Field. At noon, north ticket windows will open for public ticket sales.
Due to the ceremony, there will be road closures affecting transit in front of the MSC and Kyle Field. The portion of Joe Routt Boulevard between Stallings Boulevard and Houston Street will be closed from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Commuters looking to enter or exit Cain Garage will need to use Old Main and Stalling Boulevard during this time.