Texas A&M pitcher Chris Cortez (10) delivers a pitch during Texas A&M’s game against Tarleton State on Tuesday, April 30, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Cortez selected by Los Angeles Angels with 45th pick in 2024 MLB Draft

Junior RHP Chris Cortez was selected by the Los Angeles Angels with the 45th pick in the second round of the 2024 MLB Draft on Sunday, continuing...

Ian Moss named Head Yell Leader

Photo by File

Ian Moss was named head Yell Leader for the 2017-2018 school year.

Following the end of the 2017 election cycle, one elected official has risen above the ranks — senior Yell Leader Ian Moss has been selected as 2017-2018 Head Yell Leader.

“I’m extremely honored and humbled,” Moss said. “When I found out I sunk to my feet. We have four great guys and I’m excited for the next year.”

Moss, a construction science senior, has previously served as a 2017-2016 junior yell leader and Reveille’s handler as mascot corporal in the corps.

He and the other members of the “5 for Yell,” ticket won the five yell leader positions by a considerable margin.
“The Texas Aggie Yell Leaders look forward to Ian’s leadership for the upcoming year,” Kenneth R. Johnson, Yell Leader Advisor, said in his press release.