International flavor left out of after-party

First, I want to say how beautifully International Week turned out. At the talent show I was anxiously waiting for the “party” afterwards. Lots of music from all over the world came together on one stage, and I could hardly wait to dance to these beats at the party.
So you can imagine my disappointment when I got to this so-called International Party. At first I thought the DJ was just warming up the crowd with Missy Elliott and disco music. But no. This was all the music they had. I heard a student in the crowd say, “I could be dancing to this music in my dorm!”
I went up to the DJ and said,” Since this is an International Party, could you play some international music?” He told me that he didn’t have any other music than what he was already playing. So much for bringing out the different cultures in this party. He then said that the people who asked him to do this party had asked him to play “Texas music” in his words.
I just wanted to state my disappointment in this grand finale. I absolutely loved and enjoyed the rest of the week, I just wish there had been more variety in music to dance to at the International Party.
Blanca Obreg??n
Class of 2004