Aggies a win away from Women’s College World Series after 6-5 victory over Longhorns

It’s in the jeans

Blue jeans may be as much of a landmark in College Station as the Dixie Chicken. This may seem like an exaggeration, but from the two-steppers in Aggie Wranglers at Texas Hall of Fame to students on their way to class, jeans are everywhere in this town.
In recent years, jeans have become more acceptable for dressier occasions, especially for women.
Charli Light, owner of Charli women’s clothing store, calls jeans the new black pant.
“Jeans are a necessity for your wardrobe,” Light said. “You have to have cool jeans.”
The jeans that are hot right now for men and women do cost a pretty penny, running as high as $160. Many females, even in College Station, are more than willing to lay down the cash to get into a pair of Seven for all Mankind or AG Jeans.
When Laura Claggett, a senior international studies major, pulls up to The Tap on a Thursday night, her Seven jeans help give her that extra boost of confidence.
“Paying extra for dressier jeans is definitely worth it because you will wear them so much,” Claggett said. “I rationalize it like this; if I wear a $150 pair of jeans 30 times, it is like $5 per wear. How is that not worth looking good?”
Among the designer women’s jeans, Charli carries the largest selection in town and often sells jeans for less than market value.
“We sold 120 pairs of one style from AG called Angel since September,” Light said. “They run anywhere from $105 to $140, and we call around town to make sure the store has the lowest price.”
Light said it is not only women who are benefiting from how well dressier jeans fit as many boys bring their girlfriends into the store wanting them to get a pair.
Kevin Cazalas, a sophomore business major, said he loves the way girls look in the jeans, but would never dream of getting his own pair of Seven jeans.
“I basically have not bought a new pair of jeans in years because they all look sandblasted or girly,” Cazalas said.
Light suggests Diesel Jeans. “They look good on guys, but there is not anyone in town who carries them, so you would have to go to Houston, Austin or Dallas to try some on,” she said.
Light researches jeans early in both Los Angeles and Dallas and shared what to expect for jeans this spring.
“The extreme low jeans have dropped out,” Light said. “The Seven jeans for the spring are all real soft and but remain rigid, which will help hold you in more.”
For men’s and women’s jeans, the price depends on the wash of the jeans and the fibrex used.
“A lot of college kids are on tight budgets and cannot afford much,” Light said. “It is not about the novelty but more about a great fitting pair of jeans for you.”