Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Light Middleweight boxers Francis Cristal and Frank Chiu throw crosses during Farmers Fight Night on Thursday, April 4th, 2024, at Reed Arena.
‘One day there’s going to be a ring in the middle of Kyle Field’
Zoe May, Editor in Chief • April 11, 2024

“Throw the 1, follow with the 2!” “Keep your hands up!” “Tie him up!” It was the sixth fight of the night. The crowd was either...

Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Kerry’s record with military questionable

All this talk about Kerry being asupporter of themilitary is unfounded, especially when he aligns himself with Jane “The Traitor” Fonda.I commend Kerry for his service in the Vietnam War, but his service does not excuse his actions when he returned home.Yes, he led protests, but what you don’t hear is when these soldiers that were returning home, Kerry andVVAW (a pro-communist group)were the ones calling them “baby-killers” and accusingtheir brothers-in-arms of war crimes against the “innocent” North Vietnamese.
He marched down streets with the North Vietnamese flag at the same time they were holding the American Flag upside down. Kerry wrote a book called the “New Soldier” in which the cover has people making a mockery of Iwo Jimaand raising the flag American flag upside down.He is despised by so manyVietnamvets that there is a group that is against him: Vietnam VeteransAgainst John Kerry. He did much more than this; therejust isn’t enoughroom to put it all.Kerry claims to be a staunch supporter of the military while at the same time voting against weapons that hassavedmilitary lives, ie. theF-14, F-15 and Tomahawkmissiles, to name a few.
I hope President Bush wins this upcoming election, but if a Democrat was to win there are betterchoices than Kerry, like Joe Lieberman. With a little research you can find out that Kerry met with Liu Chaoying and aided in the selling of U.S. military intelligence during the Clinton administration.
Bush’s AWOL urban legend has also been proven to be nothing but a myth. The Times reports that the General who accused him of being AWOL has backed away from his story and that The Globe alsoflubbedthe story. After a seven- month gap Bush appeared for duty.
What most people don’t hear is that the Texas National Guard allows guard members to miss duty as long as they make it up in the same quarter, and Bush does so. Take a poll of military personnel and you will get an overwhelming majority who are against him. Kerry isjust as left asHoward Dean. Neitherwould make good presidents.