A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) hits a home run during Texas A&M’s game against The United States Air Force Academy on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
No. 1 Aggies combine for 28 runs in doubleheader sweep of Crimson Tide
Luke White and Justin ChenApril 19, 2024

Game 1 If the Texas A&M baseball team can treat each inning like it’s been playing in the fifth frame during the past week, it shouldn’t...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Kroger Co. recalls roast beef from stores

CINCINNATI (AP) – The Kroger Co. is recalling Private Selection brand roast beef from its stores in 20 states, including Texas, after a sample taken from a Kroger delicatessen counter in Atlanta tested positive for a bacteria that can cause sickness and, in some cases, death.
The sample taken by the Georgia Department of Agriculture tested positive for listeria monocytogenes, Kroger officials said Tuesday. It was unclear when the sample was taken.
Eating food contaminated with listeria monocytogenes can cause high fever, severe headaches, neck stiffness, abdominal pain, nausea and diarrhea. The infection may be more serious or even fatal among young children, frail or elderly people, or those with weak immune systems.
The product is being removed from store shelves. Kroger officials said they had not received customer complaints of illness related to the roast beef.