Items from Lt. Col. David Michael Booth, Class of 1964, on display at the Muster Reflections Display in the Memorial Student Center on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Muster Reflections Display held ahead of ceremony
Hilani Quinones, Assistant News Editor • April 18, 2024

Until April 21, visitors can view personal memorabilia from fallen Aggies who will be honored at the 2024 Muster Ceremony. The Aggie Muster...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Shanielle Veazie, Sports Writer • April 17, 2024

Early pitching woes gave Texas A&M softball all the momentum needed to defeat the University of North Texas, 11-1, in a matchup on Wednesday,...

The Highway 6 Band performs while listeners slow dance at The Corner Bar and Rooftop Grill on Sunday, March 24, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
'Life is a Highway' (6 Band)
Amy Leigh Steward, Assistant Life & Arts Editor • April 17, 2024

It starts with a guitar riff. Justin Faldyn plays lead, pulling rock and blues out of the strings.  After a beat, comes the beat of the drums,...

Think your music taste somehow makes you different? Opinion writer Isabella Garcia says being unique is an illusion. (Photo by Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
Opinion: The myth of uniqueness
Isabella Garcia, Opinion Writer • April 16, 2024

You’re basic. It’s thought that the term “basic bitch” originated from a 2009 video of Lil Duval standing on a toilet in front of...

Lack of support heading into war disheartens soldiers

I am bothered by a few things that are happening at our University as well as in our country right now.
I will be commissioned as an officer in the United States Navy upon graduation of Texas A&M, and I look forward to serving a country that I love and respect with all of my heart.
What bothers me is seeing anti-war protests and anti-American values, though I am still willing to fight and defend the freedoms that people at A&M and others in America demonstrate.
What I do not appreciate is the lack of support that is shown for our troops that are being deployed overseas and those that are already there.
Whether you agree with the war or not, these troops are doing their job and in doing so, are protecting our lives and our freedoms.
I do not understand why some of the states in America are banning the pledge of allegiance in schools. If you feel so compelled to show disloyalty to our country, try going over to Iraq and burning their flag, and then see how long you might live over there.
Jake Baker
Class of 2006