A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) hits a home run during Texas A&M’s game against The United States Air Force Academy on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
No. 1 Aggies combine for 28 runs in doubleheader sweep of Crimson Tide
Luke White and Justin ChenApril 19, 2024

Game 1 If the Texas A&M baseball team can treat each inning like it’s been playing in the fifth frame during the past week, it shouldn’t...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Mail Call – Many men would ‘sign up’ to take birth control pill

Maybe Ms. Kramer should have requested the opinions of men before writing her response because I heard tons of guys asking to “sign me up” after reading the column.
If there was a simple way to relieve myself of the doubts that women bring about while being on the pill or remembering to take it, I would be more than willing to share in the oral contraceptive effort.
Despite their inability to get pregnant, the motivation for men to take the pill is incredible. As someone in a serious relationship, I would be more than happy to play a dignified role in the future of our relationship.
And as for single guys, what more motivation could a man want than to go out on a Saturday night and pick up a chick without having to worry if she has taken the initiative herself?