Items from Lt. Col. David Michael Booth, Class of 1964, on display at the Muster Reflections Display in the Memorial Student Center on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Muster Reflections Display held ahead of ceremony
Hilani Quinones, Assistant News Editor • April 18, 2024

Until April 21, visitors can view personal memorabilia from fallen Aggies who will be honored at the 2024 Muster Ceremony. The Aggie Muster...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Shanielle Veazie, Sports Writer • April 17, 2024

Early pitching woes gave Texas A&M softball all the momentum needed to defeat the University of North Texas, 11-1, in a matchup on Wednesday,...

The Highway 6 Band performs while listeners slow dance at The Corner Bar and Rooftop Grill on Sunday, March 24, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
'Life is a Highway' (6 Band)
Amy Leigh Steward, Assistant Life & Arts Editor • April 17, 2024

It starts with a guitar riff. Justin Faldyn plays lead, pulling rock and blues out of the strings.  After a beat, comes the beat of the drums,...

Think your music taste somehow makes you different? Opinion writer Isabella Garcia says being unique is an illusion. (Photo by Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
Opinion: The myth of uniqueness
Isabella Garcia, Opinion Writer • April 16, 2024

You’re basic. It’s thought that the term “basic bitch” originated from a 2009 video of Lil Duval standing on a toilet in front of...

Military does support Bush

I’m not sure who Collins Ezeanyim is, since his name does not appear on The Battalion masthead, but he does prove that Aggie traditions live on.More than 25 years after I left, The Battalion is still populated by the extreme left of Aggie opinion, and most people writing for The Battalion do not have a clue.
Even The Washington Post knows the turkey centerpiece President Bush was holding was real, and a five-minute call to the Trigon would have informed Ezeanyim (and The Washington Post) that a “trophy turkey” is a military tradition. The bulk of the men and women are served from steam tables, and the unlucky few on duty during the meal get to eat the “trophy turkey” afterward.
The turkey story is a minor point, but it shows Ezeanyim’s laziness, disregard for the facts and preconceived opinions. It also makes it easy to ignore the rest of his ill-informed editorial, since I already knew it would sink to the same “standard” as the turkey story, and be just as easily refuted by five minutes of Internet research.
Sorry, Ezeanyim, but the men and women of the military will continue to support their own best interests, and vote to re-elect President Bush.Perhaps this time (unlike 2000), their votes will even be counted in Florida