Muster Week Events

Cassie Stricker

The Muster monument was a gift from the Class of 1995. It is now located in the Spirit Plaza, which is adjacent to Military Walk.

Muster is one of Texas A&M’s most potent traditions, showcasing what it truly means to be an Aggie. Here are a few important celebrations surrounding Muster this week:
Class of 1969 50th Reunion: Sunday, April 21 – Wednesday, April 24
Fifty years after their graduation, hundreds of the estimated 2,056 living members of the Class of 1969 are reuniting in College Station to reminisce on their college days and see how campus has changed. Their schedule of events includes a class photo, unveiling of their class gift and attending Campus Muster together. Check-in is every morning at the Hilton hotel and more information can be found on the Association of Former Students’ website.
Campus Muster Ceremony: Monday, April 22, 7 p.m.
Thousands will gather by candlelight in Reed Arena to honor every Aggie — or honorary Aggie — who died this year. The 2019 annual Roll Call of the Absent will include George H.W. and Barbara Bush along with about 140 Aggies. Political science lecturer Dwight Roblyer is this year’s keynote speaker.
Camaraderie Barbecue: Monday, April 22 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Come together at Kyle Field Plaza with Aggies visiting for Muster over good food and good bull. The Yell Leaders, Fish Drill Team, Aggie Wranglers and Reveille will be there to partake in a brisket and sausage lunch. Texas A&M students can pay for a $10 ticket online or in-person using cash or dining dollars. Tickets are $13.25 for non-students.
Spirit Plaza Dedication: Tuesday, April 23, 10 a.m.
The Class of 1969 donated money to construct a Spirit Plaza adjacent Academic Plaza and Military Walk, honoring the traditions of Silver Taps and Muster. The plaza features a compass and several monuments engraved with information and quotes about the traditions. The dedication is a part of the Class of 1969’s 50th reunion.