76th Speaker of the Senate Marcus Glass, left, poses with incoming 77th Speaker of the Senate Ava Blackburn.
Student leaders reflect on years of service in final Student Senate meeting
Justice Jenson, Senior News Reporter • April 18, 2024

The Student Government Association wrapped up its 76th session by giving out awards such as the Senator, Committee and Statesman of the Year...

Freshman Tiago Pires reaches to return the ball during Texas A&M’s match against Arkansas on Sunday, April 7, 2024 at Mitchell Tennis Center. (Lana Cheatham/The Battalion)
No. 14 Aggies receive early exit from SEC Tournament
Matthew Seaver, Sports Writer • April 19, 2024

The No. 14 Texas A&M men’s tennis team fell to the No. 44 LSU Tigers 4-3 in a down-to-the-wire duel on Thursday, April 18. Facing off at...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Not all forms of fashion ‘linked to the bar scene’

I just read an article that makes me feel as if fashion perceptions have moved from creativity to popular sellout subcultures. Your writer for Campus Couture has missed the simplistic meaning of fashion: clothes. I love the way she notes “Texas A&M may not be the most diverse school.”
Is that fashion she is talking about or culture?
I am Hispanic, and I think my Levi’s are OK. Where does she hang out? There are a lot of international students who express true personality fashionably and intellectually. Not all fashion motives are linked with the bar scene or roommates. Where are the pictures of people being real? Not in your article. It’s possible that the constant comparison of A&M to Austin is rooted in dissatisfaction. Look at your peers and write about what is real and not what sells. Report on fashion and not the mass-produced stigma which you are feeding.