Texas A&M infielder Kaeden Kent (3) celebrates a home run during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Winning 9 to 5: A&M beats Tennessee in Game 1 of College World Series finals
Luke White, Sports Editor • June 23, 2024

While Texas A&M baseball had never appeared in the College World Series finals before Saturday, the Aggies played as if they were seasoned...

Queen Elizabeth of England dies; Charles now King

On Sept. 8, Queen Elizabeth II died in Balmoral Castle in Scotland surrounded by her family.

The Queen reigned over the United Kingdom for 70 years, from 1952 to 2022, and her son Prince Charles, now King Charles III, has taken his mother’s place as head of state. Many have considered the loss of the Queen as the end of an era, as the door closes one of the Western World’s last cultural links to the events of the 20th century. 

While fellow world leaders, politicians and commoners alike mourn the death of the queen, it has also brought up the scars of Imperial England as Common Wealth nations grapple with their history and decide whether or not they want to continue to have the royal family as their figurehead, according to CBS News
The queen’s coffin will continue to lie in state in Westminster Hall until her state funeral on Monday Sept. 19, according to the BBC.