Incoming journalism professors Mariano Castillo and Flora Charner sit with former student and Battalion staff member Ken Sury at the FJSA Hall of Fame reception ceremony held in the J. Wayne Stark Galleries in the Memorial Student Center on Friday, April 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Sophomore DB Jacoby Mattews (2) and sophomore DB Sam McCall (16) attempt to stop LSU WR Malik Nabers during Texas A&Ms game against LSU on Saturday, Nov. 25, 2023 at Tiger Stadium (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion)
2024 NFL Draft: Ranking every first round-graded pass catcher
Mathias Cubillan, Sports Writer • April 22, 2024

As NFL defenses have found ways to stifle scoring opportunities and keep the lid on big plays, a bigger burden falls on the pass catchers for...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

Texas A&M professor Dr. Christina Belanger teaches her Geology 314 class on Wednesday, April 3, 2024, in the Halbouty Geosciences Building. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Opinion: Stop beating the dead [virtual] horse
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 22, 2024

Snow days were my favorite days of grade school. I would wake up extra early to stand in my living room to peer through the glass toward the...

R. Kelly’s ‘Chocolate Factory’ debuts at top of charts

NEW YORK (AP) — R. Kelly’s new album has debuted at the top of the charts despite child pornography charges against him.
Kelly’s disc “Chocolate Factory” sold about 532,000 copies for the week ending Sunday, according to industry figures released on Wednesday.
It’s the R&B singer’s first disc since his arrest last year for allegedly videotaping himself having sex with an underage girl. Kelly has denied the charges, and they haven’t hindered his popularity so far; the first single from the album, “Ignition,” is at No. 12 on the Billboard charts.
“Chocolate Factory” is Kelly’s third album to debut at No. 1, according to his label, Jive Records.
Kelly knocked rapper 50 Cent out of the top spot. Although 50 Cent’s album “Get Rich or Die Tryin'” is no longer No. 1, it still managed to sell 520,000 copies in just its second full week of release; it’s sold 2.2 million copies within three weeks.