Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Racial slurs reportedly directed at visiting high-schoolers on A&M tour

A group of high school students visiting A&M reported having racial slurs directed at them during their tour of campus Tuesday, according to an email from A&M President Michael Young.
In the email, Young said university police responded to the scene, and administrators and students spoke with the Dallas-area high school students  to, “assure them that they are welcome and respected by the vast majority of Aggies.”
“While the actions of a few certainly do not represent our institution as a whole, it is the responsibility of all of us to stop any incidents that could be considered hateful or biased-based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor,” Young said in his email.
In the email, Young said he met with a “student-led inclusion council” to talk about ways the university can make members of minority groups feel welcome and safe at Texas A&M. 
“Some positive and constructive suggestions came from that discussion and I have charged my respective Vice Presidents to engage with student, faculty and community leaders where appropriate,” Young said. “I also understand that a deeper discussion about freedom of speech and inclusion needs to take place. I look forward to sharing more thoughts on these subjects in the near future but in the meantime I ask all of you to reflect on your role in making Texas A&M a place where all are made to feel welcome and included.”
Young said students wishing to report non-emergency “hateful or biased-based incidents” can visit http://stophate.tamu.edu.