Junior Adela Cernousek tees off during the Bryan Regional of the NCAA Women’s Golf Championship at Traditions Golf Club on Monday, May 6, 2024. (Chris Swann/ The Battalion)

Relay for Life to be held Friday on Simpson

For the first time ever, Aggie Relay for Life will be hosted at Simpson Drill Field.
Victoria Staniszewski, 2014 event coordinator, said the Relay has been hosted for the last eight years at the Penberthy Rec Sports Complex, but considering the approximate $2,000 the relay was charged to use the field, organizers decided the team could use Simpson Drill Field for free.
“Essentially, the money that we save this year can be donated somewhere else like the American Cancer Association, and that’s the whole point of this event,” Staniszewski said.
Included in the night’s events will be performances by Fade 2 Black and the Singing Cadets as well as a Midnight Yell and a visit from Reveille.
“It feels like it’s closer for everyone, which can have an impact on attendance,” Staniszewski said.
Setup starts at 1 p.m. Friday. After the opening ceremony at 7 p.m., events will continue until 7 a.m. Saturday.