Texas A&M catcher Jackson Appel (20) makes contact with a ball for a double during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Jones, Appel selected in sixth round of 2024 MLB Draft by Royals, White Sox

Junior RHP Tanner Jones and senior C Jackson Appel are heading to the big leagues after both were taken in the sixth round of the 2024 MLB Draft...

Remains found in Bryan

The Bryan Police Department received information regarding possible human remains buried in Bryan, Texas, possibly dated from the 1960s. The information was received late last week, according to a press release from BPD. The follow-up investigation led to an excavation of the bones at 608 E 24th Street.
Kelley McKethan, public information officer of BPD, said the evidence will be sent to an anthropologist after it is collected to determine whether the remains are animal or human. The process will take anywhere from two weeks to two months.
Further updates will be released as additional information is received, BPD said.