Ring Day activities suspended until Saturday

Photo by Jennifer Reiley

Ring Day was cancelled on Friday April 17, due to inclement weather.

Due to severe weather, Ring Day was canceled at 4:54 p.m. Friday.
After two lightning delays beginning at around 4:15 p.m. and a storm moving in, the Association of Former Students decided to suspend all Ring Day activities until Saturday. Kathryn Greenwade, vice president of the Association, said the weather was too much of a safety concern for people waiting outside to receive their ring.
“Two lightning delays and the weather that is on its way is looking severe,” Greenwade said. “We did not want to endanger people with being outside in those conditions. We are very sorry we had to suspend activities for today. If we could have continued them we would but we really couldn’t.”
Greenwade said the Clayton William Jr. Alumni Center will be open at 9 a.m. Saturday until at least 2 p.m. for students to pick up their rings.
An announcement made at the Alumni Center at 5:00 p.m. said students will be served first come, first serve and must bring their ring ticket with them.
Greenwade said she encouraged students to check the Aggie Network website and social media outlets for updates on procedure. Those unable to pick up their rings Saturday will be able to do so starting Monday.
The process had reached Group 23 of the scheduled 35 of the day before the events were suspended.