Schwertner faces UT investigation over sexual misconduct allegation

State Sen. Charles Schwertner represents District 5 in the Texas Senate. 

Texas state Sen. Charles Schwertner is being investigated by the University of Texas after he was accused of texting a sexually explicit message and photo to a UT graduate student he met during a campus event this summer, according to the Austin American-Statesman.
Schwertner, a UT alumnus who represents Brazos County in the Texas legislature, could be banned from the UT campus if the allegations are determined to be true, the American-Statesman reported.
In a statement provided to the American-Statesman through a spokesperson, Schwertner said he “categorically denies any knowledge of the accusations” and intends to cooperate with the investigation.
Two UT officials told the American-Statesman that Schwertner and the student exchanged messages through LinkedIn and later via text, discussing networking and career advice before Schwertner wrote “I just really want to f— you,” and attached what appeared to be a photo of his genitals taken in the shower.
After the student told Schwertner that he had acted inappropriately, the senator did not respond, the officials told the American-Statesman. The student then reported Schwertner’s behavior to the university.
UT chief communication officer Gary Susswein told The Daily Texan that “to protect the integrity of the investigative process,” the university will not be discussing it’s ongoing investigation into the allegations.