Students to invent medical solutions in 48-hour event

Aggies+Invent
Photo by FILE
Aggies Invent

November’s “Aggies Invent” will challenge students at Texas A&M to design new ways to approach health care problems.
Approximately 60 students will participate in the event, which kicks off Friday. Texas Children’s Hospital, Texas A&M’s College of Medicine and Accenture have teamed up  with Aggies Invent as sponsors and will act as mentors throughout the weekend.
This Aggies Invent will prompt participants to find solutions to problems within the field of pediatric medicine. Past themes for Aggies Invent included creating tools that utilize the “interconnectedness” of objects through the Internet, and finding solutions to problems that first responders may face.
Ruth Bush, vice dean for academic affairs and vice dean for the Texas A&M College of Medicine in Bryan-College Station, said in a news release that Aggies Invent is a chance for Aggie students to challenge themselves.
“This is a tremendous opportunity for medical students with young, energetic and innovative minds to interact with engineering students and others to work towards the common goal of providing better patient care,” Bush said in a news release.
Along with helping push students to dig into their creative and problem-solving abilities, Aggies Invent hopes to find solutions to modern problems.  
The Student Teams will showcase their final designs at 3 p.m. Nov. 22 in the Engineering Innovation Center after the weekend of development.