Sexual assault awareness week

The Office of Student Life at Texas A&M University will be participating in Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) in April with a variety of workshops, classes and trainings. Here is a list of some of the events that are taking place this month:
Sexual Assault Awareness Week
April 2- April 6, 2018
This is a week dedicated to bringing awareness to the issue of sexual assault occurring on campus. Students can stop by Rudder Plaza to sign a pledge to Step in and Stand Up against sexual violence.
Consent 101
The Office of Consensual, Language, Education, Awareness and Relationships is hosting a workshop for participants to understand what giving sexual consent means. The workshop will take place in MSC 2502 at 5:30 PM and food will be provided.
Sexual Harassment and Rape Prevention (SHARP) Class
This is a women’s only self-defense class to learn techniques to protect yourself. It is held at the Brazo County Sheriff’s Office at 5:30 PM. Registering is required for this event, http://studentlife.tamu.edu/clear.sharp.
Green Dot Bystander Intervention Training
This is a students-only training help in MSC 2404 at 5:30 PM to help bring awareness to the potential violence around them and provide skills of how to intervene safely to a potentially dangerous situation. According to their website, participants will learn how to use the three D’s: direct, delegate and distract.
Texas A&M University Baseball “Teal Out” Game
Olsen field is hosting the A&M baseball game against the Texas State Bobcats at 6:30 PM. Assault survivors will be throwing the first pitch of the game. Attendees are encouraged to wear teal to step in and stand up to show support for victims and spread awareness of sexual assault prevention.
STAND UP Workshop
A workshop is being held in MSC 2404 at 5:30 PM to help individuals learn way to support victims of sexual assault, domestic violence and stalking. On campus resources will be discussed, register at studentlife.tamu.edu/standup.