Texas A&M infielder Rylen Wiggins (2) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Texas at the Austin Super Regional at Red and Charline McCombs Field in Austin, Texas, on Sunday, May 26, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Aggies’ season ends with heartbreaking loss to Longhorns

Sharper play in the sixth innings of Texas A&M softball’s NCAA Super Regional series with No. 1 Texas may have been the difference between...

SGA pushes to end bill discussion in press release

In a statement of union between the executive and legislative branches, the Student Government Association published a press release Friday advocating the end of discussion on the veto of The Religious Funding Exemption Bill.
Signed by Speaker of Senate Scott Bowen and Student Body President John Claybrook, the press release states a motion will be made at the beginning of the April 17th general meeting to postpone the override veto indefinitely, permanently ending discussion on this bill and uphold the veto.
Executive Vice President Mark Womack said the press release represents the optimal agreement between the executive and legislative branch.
We dont want another two weeks of whether or not the veto will be overturned at the general meetings, Womack said. Student senate and the executive feel like it is better to let this end now. The veto will stand. We dont want it to drag on any longer.
Bowen said while senators could still reject the motion, he anticipates no one objecting to the motion.
I think this is a good solution that will end this, Bowen said. I think we all have better things we could be doing with their time.