No one involved with Texas A&M baseball ever believed they were going to lose.  Despite being down 6-1 to Tennessee by the end of the...

Sigma Nu fraternity member found dead Saturday identified

Photo by Photo by Alexis Will

Sigma Nu had a death due to overdose and four public arrests on Sat. Aug 20.

The member of the Sigma Nu fraternity who died Saturday morning has been identified as Anton Gridnev from Frisco. 
According to a College Station Police Department press release, the cause of death was believed to be an overdose of an unknown controlled substance. An autopsy has been ordered and the results are still pending.  

CSPD officers were dispatched to the Sigma Nu house on Fraternity row around 4:40 a.m. responding to a 911 call referencing an unconscious person. College Station Fire began CPR and the 19-year-old was transported to College Station Medical, where he was pronounced dead. 

During the investigation, officers obtained a search warrant to search the house for possible illegal substances. Four people were arrested for Possession of Marijuana and Possession of a Controlled Substance, and others were cited for Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Those arrested included a 21-year-old Samuel Patterson, 20-year old Michael Frymire, 18-year-old Christian Sandford and 21-year-old Ty Robertson.

The incident is still under investigation. Anyone with any information is urged to contact the College Station Police Criminal Investigation Division.