Senior INF Rylen Wiggins (2) high fives Senior INF Trinity Cannon (6) before Texas A&Ms game against UTSA on Feb. 25, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)
Storm the Beach
Storm the Beach

State Rep. Keffer bestowed with A&M reward

Texas State Rep. Jim Keffer was given the Friend of Texas A&M award on Monday for his work toward advancing higher education in the 83rd Texas Legislature.
The Friend of Texas A&M award was established in 1994 to recognize individuals or organizations who provide exceptional service or support to Texas A&M AgriLife. Texas A&M System Chancellor John Sharp said in a news release that Keffer’s service in the 83rd Legislature furthered university education
in Texas.
“Through our shared commitment to the future of Texas, the Texas A&M University System and State Rep. Jim Keffer are leading the way for quality, higher education across our nation,” Sharp said. “It has been a pleasure to work with such a dedicated public servant and I commend him for his efforts during the 83rd legislative session.”
Keffer was involved in legislative initiatives that increased financial aid for students in Texas universities and held a role in restoring the Hazlewood Program, which offers benefits to student veterans and
their dependents.