Student assaulted in Parking Lot 51

A woman was assaulted with “broomsticks” in Parking Lot Area 51 at 11 p.m. Sunday,  according to a crime alert sent by the University Police Department to students Thursday afternoon.
According to the crime alert, the victim — a female — was assaulted by three assailants who spoke Chinese. According to the crime alert, the suspects approached the victim and called her by the name listed on her QQ App, an international chatting and calling app. She was hit on the knees twice with “broomsticks” by the male assailants, causing bruising, according to the alert.
The assailants were described in a news release as follows:

Suspect 1: Asian male, approximately 30-35 years old, 180 pounds, 5’05” wearing a dark colored Texas A&M hoodie, jeans and dark colored shoes.
Suspect 2: Asian male, approximately 20-29 years of age, 160 pounds, 5’09”, a medium build, wearing a dark colored Texas A&M hoodie, jeans, white shoes and glasses.
Suspect 3: Asian female, approximately 5’05”, 140 pounds, with hair in a ponytail, wearing jeans and a gray Gap hoodie.”

The case is still being investigated, and anyone with information is encouraged to contact the University Police Department immediately at 979-845-2345.