Student Body President Debate to be held Tuesday, diversity panel Monday

The candidates for 2018-2019 Student Body President will discuss their platforms and take questions from the community in the MSC Flag Room on Feb. 20 at 7:30 p.m. Questions can be submitted at tamuelection.com/sbp-debate.
For an extra round of discussion before the debate, the candidates will also attend a diversity panel on Monday at 5 p.m. in Rudder 501. A&M-focussed, diversity-related questions can be submitted online at mirandalindsey.typeform.com/to/I9qEiF and the event will be livestreamed from the Student Government Association Diversity Commission’s Facebook page.
Seven candidates are vying for the office of SBP this year: Horticulture graduate student Andrew Michael Barocco, political science juniors Michael Champion and Harrison Hancock, interdisciplinary studies senior John Jordan Feierabend, agricultural leadership and development junior Ben Johnson, business honors junior Amy Sharp and biomedical engineering senior Michael Zimmerman.
Voting will take place Feb. 22-23 at vote.tamu.edu. Other positions up for election include junior and senior Yell Leaders, Resident Hall Association president, class agents, class presidents and student senators. For more information and a complete sample ballot, visit tamuelection.com.