Aggies a win away from Women’s College World Series after 6-5 victory over Longhorns

Student found dead in A&M residence hall

Davis-Gary Hall is an all-female residence hall on the north side of Texas A&M’s campus.

University police have confirmed that a female Texas A&M student was found dead in the Davis-Gary residence hall on Friday.
General studies junior Jedidiah Talom was found unresponsive in her room, and an autopsy has been ordered, said UPD Lt. Bobby Richardson. No foul play is suspected.
A gathering for hall residents will be held on Monday, Sept. 9, at 7 p.m. in the Davis-Gary lounge area, according to a letter distributed to the residents Friday afternoon. The letter — signed by coordinator of Residence Life Brandon Carlson — says residents are encouraged to come remember Talom and write letters to her family. Residence Life staff will also be available to speak with students.
The letter said students seeking assistance are encouraged to speak with Counseling and Psychological Services in the Student Affairs portables at White Creek or schedule an appointment online. The university HelpLine can be contacted at 979-845-2700 after hours and on weekends.
Texas A&M’s Corps of Cadets will hold an Echo Taps ceremony for Talom on Tuesday at 10:30 p.m. on the Corps of Cadets Quad. According to an announcement from the Corps’ 3rd Wing on its Facebook page, all are welcome to attend the ceremony.