Student Senate confirms leaders

With nearly unanimous votes, the 66th Session of Student Senate confirmed four top executive council members under Student Body President Reid Joseph and voted on the remaining four officer positions within Senate.
Executive council members presented their visions for the upcoming year at the Wednesday Student Senate meeting, repeatedly bringing up the goals of increased intergovernmental communication and updated record keeping.
Holly Scott, junior political science major and newly confirmed chief policy adviser, said she hoped to create an online database for Student Government Association that allows anyone to track bill progress.
Amanda Hatheway, newly confirmed chief of staff and senior business honors major, said she has plans to provide knowledge of SGA-wide initiatives.
Ive seen it all, Ive been in committees, Ive been in Senate, Ive been on the executive branch, Hatheway said. I feel like I have a little bit of everything in my past experience. I want to use those past experiences and past relationships and make sure that the executive council is well informed of everything in SGA.
Kyle Kelly, newly confirmed executive vice president and junior industrial distribution major, said he hoped to work toward financial self-sustainability by fundraising to increase the size of the SGA endowment fund to $1 million.
Something that is very crucial and we are very excited about is building this endowment to where the interest to this endowment will fund SGA and we will not use student fees for student government, Kelly said.
Closing the executive council presentation, Graham Shelby, junior finance major and newly confirmed internal vice president, echoed a sentiment common throughout the presentation in saying that his main job would be to support Joseph.
The Senate also voted in Tyler Mandry as chair of the academic affairs committee, Brandon Clingman as community relations chair, Austin Springer as legislative affairs chair and Hannah Weger as student services chair.