Student Senate Speaker Ja’Cory Clark Resigns

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker

Jasmine Wang (left) and Ja’Cory Clark (right).

Speaker of the Student Senate Ja’Cory Clark has opted to resign from his post. His job will be taken over in the interim by political science senior and and protemp Jasmine Wang.

Clark, a history senior, cited personal circumstances as the reason behind his resignation.  

“Because of some of the things that happened not only this [spring] semester, but last [fall] semester, I was hesitant taking the job of speaker,” Clark said. “I came home for the summer, which allowed me to do a lot of reflection, a lot of soul searching, and realized that because I didn’t have the passion for [being] the speaker,  it was going to hurt the senate as a whole.”

Clark held the position for a few months following the SGA elections. He said that going home for the summer allowed him time to reflect on his duties as speaker.

“I told people in the senate, the people who this will affect,” Clark said. “I wasn’t elected by the student body, so that’s why I told the senate my circumstances, which are very personal, why I resigned.”

Clark said he has not decided whether or not he will remain involved in student government, but that he should know by the fall.