Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Student Senate to face railroad problem

Thousands of students danced, laughed, yelled, and ate throughout 12-hour 125th birthday bash at Simpson Drill Field Wednesday night and early Thursday morning.
The celebration began at 4:30 Wednesday afternoon with a hamburger and fried chicken picnic at Rudder Fountain. As the students finished their meal, the party got under way at 6:00 with the jazz music of the Karan Chavis Band.
Ronnie Saenz, chair of the 125th student committee, along with many other volunteers began organizing the party at the end of Spring 2001. The University allocated $30,000 for the party. Donations and T-shirt sales also helped shoulder the cost.
With the sun slowly sinking into the horizon, Johnathan Fowler took the stage and the crowd’s attention with his own brand of acoustic rock. The crowd, which organizers said was more than 2,000, listened as a variety of musical performers took the stage, including alternative rock band Two Spy.
“It was a real honor to play for the 125th and with these bands from all over Texas. It’s cool getting to play for such a diverse audience with all these international students too,” said Trent Foley, Two Spy lead guitarist and senior computer engineering major.
Adding to the eclectic mix of performers was country singer John Ashford Miles, the Aggie Wranglers dance team and the salsa group Grupo KaChe.
Freudian Slip had the crowd laughing with its unique brand of improvisational comedy.
When the performances were done, the crowd made its way to the YMCA building for an Ol’ Army Midnight Yell Practice.